Mix 96-5 is joining up with Mayor Parker’s office to throw the biggest Fourth of July Celebration that Houston has ever seen. Read on to find out about all the amazing activities — and how you can get in for free!
This Fourth of July, head down to Buffalo Bayou and Eleanor Tinsley Park from 4 to 10 p.m. for Freedom Over Texas With Fireworks by Shell, sponsored by Mix 96-5.
The day’s big event is a concert by a beloved Texan, singer-songwriter [lastfm]Pat Green[/lastfm]. Then, you will be blown away by the biggest land-based fireworks display in America, perfectly synced to music.
Come join Mix 96-5 at the celebration all day for fun, patriotic activities the whole family will enjoy, including:
- A military showcase honoring all branches of our Armed Forces and local law enforcement that spans over three football fields, which will have a helicopter flight simulator and a 55-ton M-60 Battle Tank.
- Free games, rides, educational and interactive activities, face painting and more in a 30,000-plus square-foot kids zone.
- The Rising Stars Search competition for talented Houston kids, to win an all-expense paid trip to San Francisco to be featured in a Juno Baby production.
- The Bud Light Beer Garden, featuring cool brews and prime views of the sixth annual Bud Light Texas Volleyball Championship Series Finals.
- Live rock, country and R&B music all day
Tickets are $8 dollars each for adults and admission is free for kids under 2 years. But, if you bring a canned food donation for the Houston Food Bank, you can get in for FREE!
Everything is bigger in Texas — so this Independence Day, come out to the Freedom Over Texas With Fireworks Presented by Shell, sponsored by Mix 96-5!