Anyone who’s lived in a house with a dog and a cat knows that, unless you’ve got the laziest dog or friendliest cat in the world, the two of them are going to be involved in an eternal turf war.
And that’s how accidents like this happen.
In Port Townsend, Washington a cat set a family’s house on fire when she jumped on the toaster . . . and accidentally turned it on . . . trying to get away from the family dog.
Lois Lund owns the house. She says her cat, Osiris, has hated it ever since the family got a dog . . . and usually hides on top of the toaster to avoid him. When Osiris started the fire, she accidentally kicked the lever on the toaster, turning it on.
Fortunately, Lois spotted the fire, ran outside, grabbed her garden hose . . . and sprayed it before it could spread.
No one . . . and no pets . . . ended up hurt in the fire, but there was about $20,000 worth of damage to the kitchen.