As you get your eggs dyed and hidden in time for Sunday’s holiday, check out a few fun facts I found about Easter!
FUN EASTER FACTS
* More then 16 billion jelly beans are made for Easter. If you lined them all side by side, they would circle the Earth nearly three times. It’s also enough to completely fill a nine-story office building.
* When taking a bite into a chocolate bunny, 76 percent of Americans prefer to bite off the ears first.
* According to the National Restaurant Association, more than 33 million Americans are expected to celebrate the Easter holiday by dining out.
* Ninety million chocolate Easter bunnies are made for Easter each year. Adults prefer milk chocolate (65%) over dark chocolate (27%).
* This Easter, more than 700 million Marshmallow Peeps, chicks, bunnies and eggs will be consumed, making them the most popular non-chocolate Easter candy. The company manufactures 4.2 million Marshmallow yummies a day. The most popular color is yellow, followed by pink, lavender, blue, and white.
* Americans spend an average of $1.9 billion on Easter candy every year.
* The 10 most popular things people gave up for lent include alcohol, chocolate and sweets, cursing, Facebook, television, junk food, pop, smoking, texting and gossiping.
HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!