The Huffington Post published a list of 10 ways having a toddler at home is like living behind bars.
Now, I don’t have any children, but I do have nieces and nephews and have babysat my share of toddlers, and I can say this list pretty much nails it.
Parents, do you agree?
– You can’t do ANYTHING with constant supervision. Where are you going? Can I come with you? But I want to be with you!!!
– You don’t even need to buy an alarm because there is someone there waking you up EVERY MORNING like clockwork.
– You can’t have a peaceful shower because you are constantly worried if something bad is going to happen when you shower.
– You are scared that someone will crawl into your bed in the middle of the night
– Meal time is tense.
– You are constantly being watched in the bathroom.
– When you get to “watch a movie”, you never get to choose the movie and it is so hard to hear pass the hooting and hollering.
– You are scared to get punched, bitten, tackled or attacked.
– Alcohol, sweets and type of contraband must be smuggled in and consumed in secrecy.
– “Conjugal visits are hard to come by, require intense scheduling and are often interrupted”.