Zombie Walk Houston 2013… is coming.
This weekend!! It’s Saturday, October 19th. According to HoustonZombieWalk.org, proceeds this year will benefit the Houston Children’s Charity, the Houston Humane Society, and Dove Key Ranch Wildlife Rehab. It goes through Downtown Houston and involves a few after-parties.
The posted rules are kinda funny, including:
- Do not attempt to scare anyone who is not a willing participant. If anyone is freaking out, turn and shamble in the opposite direction. Avoid confrontations.
- Stay within the designated route. If you stray away, you are on your own.
- The walk part is a family event; let’s watch the language out there. The more outrageous your costume, the more fun you will have, guaranteed! However, no nudity.
- Please do not attempt to push your way into any business if you are not welcome.
And, my favorite:
- Keep in mind you might be asked for a picture ID at bars we are not affiliated with and your zombie face might not match your picture ID. If you are refused entry, please understand the doorman is only doing his job.
(If you miss this one, there’s another website promoting another walk on October 27th and they’re very similar; who knows who came first! You’ll find them at zombiewalkhouston.com.)