HBO announced yesterday that it would make its HBO Go streaming service available to people without a pay-TV subscription starting next year. See if you want your favorite HBO shows on demand you have to buy a subscription. Not anymore.
I must admit, I got sucked in. Watch “Game Of Thrones”…It’s sooooo good. Before you know it you’re paying $20 a month and you’re wife’s yelling at you for it. But there are SO MANY good shows on HBO. I recently watched G.O.T., True Detective, and I’m about to start Homeland (I think).
There are 10 million broadband-only homes in the U.S. that have no access to HBO, and it’s growing. This will produce hundreds of millions of dollars in additional revenue for HBO. There are no details yet on there are currently 10 million broadband-only homes in the U.S. that have no access to HBO, and that the figure is only expected to grow. There are no details yet on how much it would cost and what kind of content would be available on it and when. When this happens, cable will definitely take a hit with a lot of people just watching shows that stream. No cable bill??? That sounds glorious!
QUESTION: What’s the BEST series on HBO? Tough choice (I was mesmerized by True Detective).
Latest Mix Stories:
- Check Out The Size Of This Spider In This Woman’s Car
- 66% Of Kids Expect You To Buy Them Everything On Their Wish List
- Sisters Who Were Conjoined At Birth Beat The Odds And Are Heading Home For The Holidays
- Our Favorite Thing About The Holidays At Work Is Not Being At Work
- Spec’s ‘Wine Of The Week’ For 11/22