The FDA announced yesterday chain restaurants, movie theaters and pizza parlors across the country will have to post calorie counts on their menus. They hope this will help the country’s obesity epidemic. Some say it’s one of the most important public health nutrition policies ever to be passed. The rules even cover vending machines and amusement parks.
The most surprising thing is that it includes alcoholic beverages. Beverages that are on the menu will be included, but a mixed drink at a bar will not. The new rules will take effect a year from now and its biggest opposition will be pizza and movie theater chains.
What do you think about this? Will it help?
Latest Mix Stories:
- Spec’s ‘Wine Of The Week’ For 11/22
- Celebrating The Holidays With Your Significant Other’s Family, How Did The First Time Go?
- Most People Start Black Friday Shopping At 3:29 P.M. On Thanksgiving
- Your Favorite Christmas Movies Are Determined By Your Age
- 96 Second News: Chrissy Tiegen Is Pregnant With Baby #2; David Cassidy Has Passed Away