Coldplay frontman Chris Martin recently sat down for an interview with BBC Radio 1’s Zane Lowe to celebrate the band’s Ghost Stories track “Magic” being named the “hottest record of the year”.
On the heels of offering up the exciting news that the band is back in the studio working on their seventh album (tentatively titled A Head Full of Dreams). Martin framed it as the final installment in the Coldplay discography, at least for the time being.
Martin compared the forthcoming album to the final Harry Potter book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows:
“It’s our seventh thing, and the way we look at it, it’s like the last Harry Potter book or something like that. Not to say that there might not be another thing one day, but this is the completion of something.
He added, “I have to think of it as the final thing we’re doing. Otherwise we wouldn’t put everything into it.”
He also announced that the band would be going on tour after the new album’s release.
Latest Mix Stories:
- Check Out The Size Of This Spider In This Woman’s Car
- 66% Of Kids Expect You To Buy Them Everything On Their Wish List
- Sisters Who Were Conjoined At Birth Beat The Odds And Are Heading Home For The Holidays
- Our Favorite Thing About The Holidays At Work Is Not Being At Work
- Spec’s ‘Wine Of The Week’ For 11/22