A flash flood watch has been issued for the entire Houston area starting at 10p tonight lasting until Wednesday 6p. Here’s what you can do to prepare for the upcoming storm.
1. Make sure your home is well stocked with food, water, flashlights and batteries.
2. Fill any prescriptions that are low to avoid driving in the rain.
3. Relocate any patio furniture/loose items to a secure area to avoid high wind damage.
4. Avoid parking in the street and leave your cars in the garage/driveway in case your street floods.
5. Prepare for your pets safety by making sure they have a safe area away from windows and shelving as well as secure any fencing holes in the yard that might allow them to escape.
Most importantly, officials are asking to avoid driving in the rain, but if you have to, stay away from high water. Do not attempt to drive through water “turn around, don’t drown.”