Yesterday, Miley Cyrus was announced as the host of the 2015 MTV Video Music Awards and today; the nominees were released.
Here’s a breakdown of the MIX artists to look for at the show that are up for awards:
- Colbie Calliat, “Try” – Best Video With a Social Message
- Ed Sheeran, “Thinking Out Loud” – Video of the Year, Best Male Video, Best Pop Video, Best Cinematography
- Ed Sheeran, “Don’t” – Best Editing, Best Choreography
- Ellie Goulding, “Love Me Like You Do” – Best Female Video
- Fall Out Boy, “Centuries” – Best Rock Video
- George Ezra, “Budapest” – Artist to Watch
- Hozier, “Take Me To Church” – Best Rock Video, Best Direction
- James Bay, “Hold Back The River” – Artist to Watch
- Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars, “Uptown Funk” – Video of the Year, Best Collaboration, Best Pop Video, Best Direction
- Maroon 5, “Sugar” – Best Pop Video
- Taylor Swift, “Bad Blood” feat. Kendrick Lamar – Video of the Year, Best Collaboration, Best Art Direction, Best Cinematography, Best Direction, Best Editing, Best Visual Effects
- Taylor Swift, “Blank Space” – Best Female Video, Best Pop Video
- Vance Joy, “Riptide” – Artist to Watch
- Walk the Moon, “Shut Up and Dance” – Best Rock Video
Get the FULL LIST HERE
Watch the show on MTV, August 30 at 8pm CT.
Looks like it’s going to be another Swift/Sheeran lovefest this year as they go head to head in the categories of; Video of the Year, Best Pop Video and Best Cinematography…that should be a lot of fun to watch…that and when TaterTot breaks it down (seriously, I live to watch her dance.) lol!
If not…at least Miley should be good for some cringing moments!! #amiright
All of the artists and their music are really good this year, so, I won’t speculate as to who will win out…but I chain myself to Vevo today and re-watch all the nominees 😀
– Sarah E!
Follow Me on Facebook!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Follow Me on Instagram!