As we learned in Charlie Brown’s Thanksgiving from Peppermint Patty, there are “right” and “wrong” foods for dinner. Toast and popcorn don’t count!
A new survey at Buzzfeed asked people for their preferences between different Thanksgiving foods:
1. Between turkey and ham, 77% of people prefer turkey. And 71% say dry turkey is worse than under-seasoned turkey.
2. Mashed potatoes or stuffing: 61% prefer mashed potatoes.
3. Homemade cranberry sauce or the canned stuff: 68% prefer homemade.
4. For the best “extra” side dish: 45% say mac-and-cheese, 21% went with green bean casserole, and 21% with sweet potatoes.
5. And for pie, apple is the most popular (39%), pumpkin is second (37%), pecan is third (17%), and cherry is fourth (7%).